To go live on GOV.UK Notify, you must accept the data sharing and financial agreement (memorandum of understanding).
Contact us to get a copy of the agreement or find out if your organisation has already accepted it.
Notify’s side of the agreement
We agree to:
- send all the messages you pass to us, as long as they meet our guidelines
- show how Notify is performing (through our performance and status pages)
- keep your data secure
Your side of the agreement
You agree to:
- complete your organisation’s information assurance process (you don’t need to include Notify or our delivery partners, we’ve already done that)
- tell us immediately if you have any security breaches
- keep your API keys secure
- get the right levels of consent (to send messages and to use data)
- not send unsolicited messages, only ones related to a transaction or something the user has subscribed to be updated about (check the Service Manual if you’re not sure)
- send messages that meet the GOV.UK Service Manual standards for writing text messages and emails
- not send messages containing any personally or commercially sensitive information
- check that the data you add to Notify is accurate and complies with Data Protection Act principles
If you don’t keep to your side of the agreement, we might have to stop sending your messages.
You can leave Notify at any time. Just contact us and we’ll close your account.
When you leave Notify, all your data will be deleted.